Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My One And Only New Years Resolution

My one and only New Years Resolution is:
love the Lord my God with all my heart, and with all my soul, and with all my mind, and to love my neighbor as myself.
I have made many many resolutions over the years and worked very hard in making them happen and a lot of them did but some did not, now looking back, I can remember the thrill and happiness that I experienced but did not last but for a while, then things happened and life went on... and the excitement of it went away, there was sometimes a sense of defeat and weakness that I felt when things did not go the way I wanted them to go so I can bring those resolutions to happen but now I can see why!
Well I am learning that every day that I am a live is really and truly a gift from THE ALMIGHTY GOD, MY ABBA FATHER, WHO IS FULL OF LOVE, MERCY, GRACE, AND COMPASSION, my breath is an extension of that first breath He breathed in Adam and my heart beats are ordered by HIM, so the only reason I am alive is because HE chooses to keep me here.
This is why I feel that this is the only resolution I am willing to make and do all I can to keep it,
because my FATHER THE GOD ALMIGHTY IS THE ONLY ONE that I want to please.
I am not sure what kind of experience I will have to go through, what kind of stuff I will have to give up, what kind of adjustment in my schedule and changes I am going to make but most importantly how much of myself I will have to deny on daily basis to really give my FATHER the #1 place in my life this year and the years to come if HE chooses for me to live.
I realize that it will not be an easy resolution to do and keep and it will take lots of prayers and dependence on GOD to work in my sin filled heart and do the changes nessecery in order for me to obey and do HIS will and not mine, but I really want to do it with all my might.
If you are a Born Again Christian and love God please pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment