Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Greens, greens and more greens.

The weather is getting nice around here, the heat is pretty much gone and we even are having chilly nights too, our garden is perking up and just exploding with all kinds of greens like basil, mint, garlic, green onions, radishes, chard, kale, beats, and the grapevines are looking green and pretty. So I started cutting them back and drying the leafs to use for seasoning and make my special salt mix, I avoided going outside the past few months but now it is so nice I can stay out all day long, those pictures are some of the greens I picked this morning for drying, after they dry I grind them and mix them in the salt that we use for cooking.
I add lots of this mix to the garlic powder and use it to make our delicious homemade garlic bread.
My mother showed me how to do this, she grows all kinds of herbs and vegetables organically almost all year round, but that is only in San Diego, CA. and now she has so much she started selling them to some Middle Eastern stores close where she lives.

One of the biggest blessings about greens is that my children love eating them raw anytime of the day with meals, in fact we all like them a lot.
God is so good to us to create so many different kinds of greens for us to enjoy and be healthy,
every time I look at so much greens in my hands my heart swells with gladness and over flows with thankfulness to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and the verse from the bible (All thing were made by HIM) comes to my mind right away.


No comments:

Post a Comment