Monday, November 30, 2009

Wonderful Trip To Oregon

We just got back from Oregon visiting my husband's family and having Thanksgiving at his Aunt's house, he got to see his grandmother, she is a beautiful Christian lady and at 96 years old she wakes up every day at 5:00 am and brings out her list of all her children and their families, her grand children and great grand children and prays for them every day then reads her Bible.


We got to play in the snow and work on our future retirement summer house, it sits on over 2 acres on top of a little hill over looking a beautiful green valley, there is abundant of wild life like deer and turkeys, we got to see beautiful trees with bright red, orange, and yellow colors and creeks and rivers with rushing waters.
The girls got to spend some time with grandma Edwards, she is one of the most wonderful Christian women I have ever met in my life, she was such a blessing to the girls, she showed them how to do so many different things in those few days we were with them, she is a master gardener, cook, baker, seamstress, quilter, decorator, painter, and much much more but the most important thing, she is a REAL CHRISTIAN, that is what I am blessed with when I am around her, I get to see an example of a godly women that has sacrificed her life for others, she truly is the virtuous woman of Prov. 31 in the Bible.

She saved some toys from when David was a little boy in a box and she brings them out whenever we go there for Nellie to play with.


Here is Nellie with grandma and great grandma that she was named after.
"WONDERFUL CHRISTIAN HERITAGE" PRAISE BE TO GOD...


those 2 women are another blessing on top of the hundreds of blessing that I am so thankful for that my ALMIGHTY GOD brought into my life after he saved me, but THE VERY FIRST BLESSING WAS......... "MY SALVATION"..........and it is the greatest gift I have ever received.
Oh, I almost forgot to write about the lady that got saved on my trip a couple of months ago, I got to see her and visit with her last week and she asked me about getting baptised, I explain to her after I led her to the LORD about baptism 2 months ago but she was not ready yet but now she said she did some reading and she really think that she needs to get Baptised in a good church, so I am going to call and find a Baptist church for her to go and get baptized.
that is another blessing that I am thankful for.



No comments:

Post a Comment