Monday, December 28, 2009

My Husband Is a Great Soul Winner

It was Christmas Eve around 7 pm when I took our dog Baby Bear out the front door to do his business, as I was waiting for him I saw a shadow of a man walking towards our house carrying a box, Baby Bear started barking at him, as I was trying to stop him from barking at the stranger I heard the man's voice saying "excuse me, excuse me, can I please use your phone?" so I walked inside told my husband, so he took the phone to him, by then he was at our door step, we were standing there hearing hear him talking to some of his friends asking if he can spend the night at their house and that he just got out of jail and all he wanted to do was to spend Christmas with his mother that lived up the street but when he was dropped off there by a guard from prison and drove off, the stranger found out that his mother was NOT home, his dad was but his dad is a dope head as he prescribed him to us and all he did was offer him a cigarette and told him off, so as he was talking on the phone we gathered what was going on and at that moment as we were standing there David thought "why would God bring this man to our door for any other reason other than for me to tell him the good news of the GOSPEL "
so we invited him in and sat with him around the dinning table, David grabbed his KING JAMES BIBLE and started by asking him the question "If you were to die today, are you 100% sure you would go to heaven" the man said "no I am not, I was just thinking about that earlier today" then David opened the precious book and showed him that JESUS paid it all and if he was to BELIEVE on the LORD JESUS CHRIST, HE WOULD BE SAVED, well the man bowed his head as soon as David asked him and prayed on his own without David leading him in a prayer, it was the most simple and honest prayer I have ever witnessed from a sinner asking for salvation, the tears swelled in our eyes as David and I looked at each other as he was praying so earnestly and asking the LORD JESUS to save him, it was one of the most precious gifts I had this past Christmas, to see a soul saved in our home on Christmas Eve.
He is 21 years old, he told us after he got saved that it was Not a coincident that he ended up at our house after the disappointment with his mother and father on Christmas Eve.
I will be writing the rest of the story in the coming days..

No comments:

Post a Comment