Sunday, December 5, 2010

Delicious Salt!!!!!!!

Yes just what you read "Delicious salt" is what I learned to make to use for cooking and the table.
It was a few months ago when I started adding Garlic powder to our sea salt so I can get my family to have enough garlic in their food to keep them healthy and fight sicknesses, one day I read about Flax seeds and learned how wonderful they are for our health, so I went and bought some put them in the grinder and added them to our salt, then I read about sesame seeds and how good they are for our health, I went and bought some put them in the grinder and added them to our salt.
My salt mix recipe
1 cup of sea salt
1 third cup of Garlic powder
1 third cup flax seeds powder
1 third cup sesame seeds powder
First few days as we used this salt on our food at meal time my family were asking me why is the color different? so I explained to them what I have done and how healthy it is for us, one day we had the neighbor's daughter who is 16 years old have dinner with us and she used our salt shaker then she said that she really like the taste, and after we finished eating dinner she started putting salt in the palm of her hand and just licking it and saying yummy this salt is Delicious!!!!! so every time she have dinner with us she does the same thing.
Well, I started visiting my parents in San Diego Ca the past 2 years to help them out, my mom have a really nice garden that she grows all kind of vegetables and herbs, and she have so much that she started selling them to her Friends and some Arabic stores in her area, she grows Mint, Oregano, Basil, Thyme, Sage, Parsley, Celery, Garlic, Water Crest, Spearmint, scallions, and so much more so when ever she have a lot of one of those herbs she washes it, dries it and grinds it and keep it in a big jar, so every time I go there she gives me a lot of those wonderful organic grown herbs, I come home feeling so rich of GOD'S bounty.....I was so exited I mixed them all together and added good portion to our salt, so now our salt contains at least 10 different kind of herbs and seeds, the color of it has brownish greenish tone, well I believe it is not just delicious but very healthy too.
All glory and thanks be to GOD now and forever.

1 comment:

  1. Now, THAT is neat!
    I will have to try some someday lol!
    She literally was just eating the salt?
    That is funny; it must be REALLY good salt!

    ReplyDelete