Monday, January 17, 2011

A Halleluiah Sunday

Last Sunday was such a wonderful day I have to write what the LORD did for us, and all the blessings he brought our way, I just have to sit here and brag about HIM.
We made it to church in perfect timing with all the food prepared for the fellowship time, singing was absolutely wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! and we do sing ALL the stanzas in the hymns which blesses my heart, (I LOVE SINGING OUR BELOVED OLD FASHION HYMNS) then came the preaching and Oh LORD, DID WE NEED IT!!!!!!!! especially me, I turned to my daughter Iris and she turned her face to me many times in shock and AWE of what we were hearing, God's Word was being brought to us in such a simple and understandable way that we kept looking at each other thinking wow... we never heard this before and we really needed to hear it. When we got home we all had a prayer meeting, got on our knees and prayed asking and begging the LORD for help, wisdom and guidance.
God is so good, he knew there are sins that we all have ignored, overlooked or even did not know about, he used the Preacher to bring them up and helped us to see and start dealing with them.
After the preaching there was lots of food and fellowship, I took one of the middle eastern dish there it is called Kubba lots of people liked it and i was gone very fast. The fellowship was sweet just talking of God's goodness, kindness and mercies toward us.
Iris is having a blast making new friends and is back to playing the Piano for the Nursing home ministry and she is loving it, besides many young ladies there take lessons at the church and play in the orchestra, so they encouraged her to bring her Violin and and start practicing and playing with them, and Nellie is loving having lots and lots of girls older and younger than her around playing there.
I love those (Hallujah days) they just give us a small taste of what is going to be like in Heaven, I can't wait!!!!! even so come LORD JESUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment